http://rondelvillage.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/house.fw_.png 643 1600 IdeaZone http://rondelvillage.zenutech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/rondel-header-logo23.png IdeaZone2015-04-22 04:56:482015-04-24 16:19:24Improvements at Rondel Village, Negril
Improvements continue to be implemented in keeping with our mandate to offer a superb product to our guests.
- Rondel Village just received the Booking.com Award of Excellence for 2014
- On October 25 last year the hotel received the Hospitality Jamaica Award for Best Small/Boutique Hotel
- Rondel Village was named number 8 of the 650 Best Reviewed Hotels on The Expedia Insiders’ Select® 2014 List. This list recognizes the hotels around the world that have worked to provide outstanding value and customer service, as well as regularly exceed guest expectations.
- The hotel now also boasts the prestigious Travelife Award for Sustainability in Tourism
- Rondel Village has its own greenhouse which supplies our restaurant with fresh vegetables and herbs.
- Upgrading of the two one bedroom villa buildings was done in 2014, villa balcony doors were changed to new PVC weather resistant sliding glass doors. All windows were also upgraded to sliding glass with screens. The verandah was extended to the Jacuzzi and both now have new porcelain tiles. The master bathrooms have new vessel basins with rain shower heads. The superior rooms upstairs these villas were also upgrading in keeping with our standard.
- The two beachfront buildings just underwent extensive upgrading and refurbishing. The beachfront one bedroom villa balcony doors were changed to new PVC weather resistant sliding glass doors. All windows were also upgraded to sliding glass with screens. The verandah was extended around to the Jacuzzi and both now have new porcelain tiles. New drapes and soft furnishings are in both the living room and bedroom. The master bathroom has a new vessel basin along with new cabinetry, new bath with rain shower head and bathroom wall tiles. Many of the fixtures in the villas were also upgraded.
- Both beachfront rooms were completely upgraded, the entire room, bathroom and balcony were retiled, the balcony and staircase railings were replaced with new aluminium epoxy coated rustproof railings, bathrooms are brand new and now have a rain shower head. The windows and balcony door were also changed to new PVC weather resistant sliding glass with screens. The rooms are very attractively furnished with new interior soft furnishings.
- December 2012 saw the completion of a major expansion on the landward side of the property with the addition of 16 garden rooms and a new spa. The landward side now offers four three story buildings with six rooms in each building for a total of 24 new garden rooms
- The project also included the conversion of the existing front building into a new state of the art luxury spa offering massages, facial and body treatments, salon for hair and nails, sauna and plunge pool
- The pool deck size was increased to accommodate the new rooms and a pool shower with rain shower head was added
- All garden rooms have either one king size bed or two double beds, flat screen television, hair dryer, standing mini refrigerator, iron and ironing board.
- Inverter energy efficient air conditioners, solar water heaters and other energy saving items are used throughout the property.
- Previously the restaurant kitchen was modernized and expanded, new kitchen equipments were installed and new storage facilities added. The expansion included the addition of guest restrooms and changing rooms, as well as staff facilities.
- Rondel restaurant is now operated by the hotel and offers excellent meals and service.
- Rondel Village started operations with three villas in 1985, with expansion and upgrading over the years, this unique resort now offers 56 rooms each named after Jamaican fruits